How well do you understand the mental health of your employees – and what do you do to help them overcome any challenges they’re facing?
Mental ill health costs UK employers £34.9 billion each year. And tackling it proactively doesn’t just show you care – it’s good for business.
As a Crispin Rhodes client we’ll help you combine the right blend of policies, training and outside help to create the Employee Wellbeing package that’s right for your business – and your wallet.
Whilst every package is individually tailored to your business, here’s a look at some of the options available:
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Whether in the workplace or at home, we’re all faced with stressful and trying situations that impact our quality of life and productivity at work. Our 24/7 telephone support line provides free, confidential advice to both employees and their managers, and is a great way to maintain your employees health, wellbeing and productivity. And best of all, there are no minimum numbers needed to get started.
THRIVE Psychological Training
Fully backed up by scientific research and clinical insights, the THRIVE programme enables people to understand the importance of their cognitive processes and to see how particular unhelpful beliefs and ways of thinking can lead to the formation of many symptoms and problems, including anxiety, depression, phobias and immune system issues.
The programme shows people that the way they think, feel and react to situations has a profound effect upon how they experience life. Thrive encourages individuals to challenge their current unhelpful ways of thinking and then to develop helpful beliefs, thoughts and psychological tools, which will enable them to flourish in life.
Mental Health First Aid Training
This MHFA England training course teaches people to spot the signs of mental health issues, offer initial help and guide a person towards support. Through it, you and your managers will gain:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
- Understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
Mental health and wellbeing is rightly on the radar of every successful employer today, and we’ll help you not only create the package that’s right for your business, but do so in a way that’s effective and makes financial sense.
Latest HR Advice & Articles
Crispin Rhodes is part of HR Solutions, giving you access to more benefits and tools to support your workforce.
View the latest events including training courses and employment law seminars from HR Solutions.