Our Human Resource blogs and articles are designed to give you up to date access to current information and issues
Six Tips for Supporting Reservists In The WorkplacePosted on by Angela Rhodes
If you employee armed forces reservists we have six tips to help you support them in your business
- Develop a Reservist HR Policy to ensure that both Reservists and their Managers understand the Company policy.
- Consider offering a Reservist additional leave for training – they usually attend training within their unit one evening a week but also take part in a two-week continuous training course.
- Through regular reviews, acknowledge routine training that brings essential skills into the organisation – leadership, communication, team working etc.
- Complete call-out documents as soon as they arrive
- When called-up, meet with the Reservist to discuss the following:-
- Handover of work
- Return of any equipment
- Agree benefits entitlements and required actions
- Put a “keeping in touch” plan in place so that the reservist can be kept up to date with and changes and developments within the Company
- When Reservists return to work:-
- Offer refresher training
- Recap updates in the Company
- Encourage an informal get together with colleagues
- Discuss any health concerns the Reservist may be experiencing as a result of the deployment
< Go back