Our Human Resource blogs and articles are designed to give you up to date access to current information and issues
Financial Assistance to Employers of ReservistsPosted on by Angela Rhodes
Assistance is offered by the Ministry of Defence to employers, Reservists and self-employed Reservists to cover the period of mobilisation.
Areas where financial support is provided include:
- For Reservists and self-employed Reservists
- A salary whilst mobilised
- Up to £2K of some of the costs incurred by a self-employed Reservist in putting their business on hold for the duration of the mobilisation
- For employers of Reservists
- Defence-funded employer contributions to a Company pension scheme if the employers decides to withdraw this benefit and the Reservist wishes to remain in the scheme
- Salary costs for a temporary replacement or overtime costs over and above the Reservist’s normal salary to a maximum of £100 per day.
- Agency fees and non-recurring advertising costs incurred in replacing the Reservist.
- Essential retraining costs necessary for a Reservist returning to work following a mobilisation
- The costs incurred for five days of handover before and after an employee is mobilised.
- 75% up to £300 of specialist clothing costs for an employee replacing a deployed Reservist.
- A payment of up to £500 per month to small and medium-sized companies, charities and partnerships for each Reservist mobilised.
< Go back