Our Human Resource blogs and articles are designed to give you up to date access to current information and issues
The Benefits of Effective Performance ManagementPosted on by Angela Rhodes
It is widely recognised that effective performance management will bring a wide variety of benefits to any organisation, including:
- Company goals are better communicated, understood and accepted
- People are motivated to perform
- Individual, team and organisational performance is maximised
- Clearer definition of roles
- Improved communication and employee engagement
- Areas of underperformance are addressed
- Development opportunities are identified
- Succession planning
- is aligned with company strategy
- fits with the company culture
- is supported by top management (through leadership by example)
- is an on-going process, not a once-a-year administrative event
- is not “stand-alone” but well integrated with other people management processes and managerial activities.
There is often a view that performance management processes are bureaucratic and complex, but this does not have to be the case. It is crucial that any performance management system is designed to meet the specific characteristics and needs of the business and a simple paper-based process will suit the majority of organisations. It does not need to involve expensive technological solutions.
With commitment and resourcefulness, it is possible to create open and inclusive values by implementing a simple, appropriate, practical performance management process that will make a real difference to your company and its people.
< Go back