Our Human Resource blogs and articles are designed to give you up to date access to current information and issues
Tips from Macmillan Cancer Support for EmployersPosted on by Angela Rhodes
Employees coping with cancer need the support of everyone around them, including their employer.
MacMillan Cancer Support have produced a helpful leaflet giving tips to employers on how to support employees through diagnosis, treatment and living with cancer.
To access the leaflet with more information and contact details for further support, please visit the Macmillan website
Macmillan have provided seven tips that employers can use to support staff with cancer:
- Options for time off to attend medical appointments
- Maintain appropriate contact with the employee so they don’t feel out of touch
- Support them with their return-to-work options
- Give them access to an occupational health adviser – they can draw on their clinical knowledge and awareness of specific duties of the employee’s role
- Make reasonable adjustments as flexible working, regular work breaks and working from home
- If they decide to resign, clarify the reasons behind this and ensure that are clued-up on all of their options
- If your employee or their loved one passes away, be ready to offer additional emotional support
< Go back